Today is the kick-off a a new feature here on the blog: Love Your Life Friday.
Each Friday we’ll feature a practical idea from a team of creative women who will provide fabulous DIY projects, recipes, money-saving strategies, decorating ideas, holiday activities and even spiritual growth tools that will help you to live your priorities and love your life. We hope it will give you some helpful weekend projects to do alone or with a friend or two.
Up first is the clever and oh-so-thrifty Carlie Kercheval from Today’s Frugal Mom with 5 must-have money saving apps.
It’s no secret that the cost of food is typically where many families spend a large part of their budget. And it’s also no secret that food costs are seemingly always on the rise. With these two factors in mind, I want to share with you 5 apps that will help save you money on your groceries. In order to use these apps you need a smart phone or iDevice and you’ll be on your way to saving both time and money. Let the savings begin!
5 Must Have Money Saving Apps
1. Favado is my husband and my go-to app when we plan our grocery shopping each week. It gives you the sale prices, including secret sales, coupons, including links to printable coupons as well! It is EVERYTHING you need to plan a successful – on budget – grocery shopping trip!
2. Checkout 51 is amazing new app provides you with a weekly list of Checkout 51 offers that you are able to receive cash back for on your grocery items and other non-grocery purchases. Even if you do not have a smartphone, you are able to scan in your receipts and upload them to their website!
3. Ibotta is a great app that pays real cash just for buying your favorite products. Promotions change weekly and give a great variety of stores and items.
4. Substitutions is a great app for you iPhone or iPad. This app can save you money by giving you substitutions for products that you may only use for one recipe, or if you happen to leave something off of your grocery shopping list. This app is very easy to use and has saved our behinds in the kitchen many-a-times!
5. Grocery iQ makes grocery shopping quick and easy with the features you expect from the #1 grocery shopping list app. Build lists from our extensive product database using text, barcode, or voice search; sync and share lists with other devices and the GroceryiQ.com website; find related coupons and much more!
There are many money saving apps out there but I have found these 5 to be the must-haves for our family. I hope that some of these apps can be a blessing to your family, helping you trim some money off of your budget. We are thankful for the different ways that we can make our dollar stretch giving us the ability to give more and save more!
What are your favorite money saving apps?