Described as profoundly practical, engagingly funny and downright real, Karen’ s passion is to help women to live their priorities and love their lives as they serve God and others.
She also writes for their Encouragement for Today online devotions that bring God’s peace, perspective, and purpose to over one million women daily. She has authored seven books including the popular LET. IT. GO: How to Stop Running the Show & Start Walking in Faith and her newest release Keep It Shut: What to Say, How to Say It and When to Say Nothing at All. Both include a companion DVD Bible study designed for group or individual use.
She has been a guest on national television and radio programs including The 700 Club, At Home Live, FamilyLife, Engaging Women, The Harvest Show, Moody Midday Connection, and Focus on the Family. She is a graduate of Spring Arbor University and has been married for over a quarter-century to her college sweetheart Todd. Together they raise their three sometimes quarrelsome but mostly charming children in the boondocks of central Michigan ranging in age from teen to adult.
Her favorite ways to spend her time though are to chat with her grown daughter who owns her own hair salon far away in the Charlotte, NC, watch her oldest son–an electrician’s apprentice–pop wheelies on his dirt bike (while simultaneously deepening her prayer life!) or cheer for her youngest son in the football stands or baseball bleachers. She also is content to just hang out with her man doing absolutely nothing at all. You’ll often find her whipping up something tasty for her family and friends or the many teens that gather around her kitchen island processing life and enjoying something from Mama Karen’s oven. (Although she only has three kiddos of her own, at last count at least seven teens had her in their cell phone as “Mom”)
You can connect with Karen on:
Facebook: Karen Ehman
Or at Proverbs 31 Ministries: www.proverbs31.org
To inquire about having Karen speak at your event, visit the Proverbs 31 speaker page or call the Proverbs 31 Ministries Office at 877-P31-HOME
Statement of Faith:
- The entire Bible is God’s infallible word.
- God exists as three in one- The Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ’s deity, sinless humanity, virgin birth, atoning death on the cross, bodily resurrection and ascension into heaven.
- The Holy Spirit is given to believers to indwell and empower them to live the Christian life on earth and to seal them for the day of redemption.
- Christ’s personal return to earth to establish His kingdom here.
- The resurrection of the body, resulting in eternal life for all true believers in heaven and eternal punishment for all unbelievers in hell.
- Salvation, by faith alone, through grace alone, is found in Jesus Christ alone.
- The church is made up of all true believers from every tribe, tongue and nation.
- It is the responsibility and privilege of all believers to glorify God by telling others of the good news of the gospel, enabling people worldwide to have the chance to know Christ personally.