Born in the middle of a March, Midwestern snowstorm, Karen Ehman made her entrance into the world the same year as Lucky Charms, G.I. Joe, 8-Track Tapes, Pop Tarts, the Ford Mustang and the game show sensation Jeopardy! Her teachers said she had a love of writing but she talked entirely too much. She was both a tomboy and a Seventeen model wanna-be who was desperate to land a boyfriend. She finally found her true love on a crisp fall evening next to a roaring bonfire at a country church retreat where she gave her life to Jesus at the age of 16.
Today, she has been described as profoundly practical, engagingly funny and downright real. Her passion is to provide women with creative tools and doable ideas to help them live their priorities and love their lives: faith, family, friends.
She is the Director of Speaker Development for the Proverbs 31 Ministries’ national speaking team and a featured speaker for Hearts at Home conferences for moms. She is the author of five books including A Life That Says Welcome: Simple Ways to Open Your Heart and Home to Others, The Complete Guide to Getting and Homespun Memories for the Heart. Her newest book is LET. IT. GO: How to Stop Running the Show & Start Walking in Faith which includes a companion DVD Bible study and workbook.
She has been a guest on national television and radio programs including The 700 Club, At Home Live, Engaging Women, The Harvest Show, Moody Midday Connection and Dr. James Dobson’s Focus on the Family. She is a graduate of Spring Arbor University with a B.A. in Social Science and has been married for over a quarter-century to her college sweetheart Todd. Together they raise their three sometimes quarrelsome but mostly charming children in the boondocks of central Michigan.
Before motherhood, Karen was a teacher and high school coach who actually had hobbies. Now she spends her days homeschooling, carpooling, parked in the football bleachers or baseball stadium or stealing away to a coffee shop to try to write or work on a new message. Though hopelessly craft-challenged with pitiful, partially finished scrapbooks, she enjoys baking and cooking and has won several blue ribbon rosettes at various county fairs for her cookies, cakes, pies and breads.
Statement of Faith:
- The entire Bible is God’s infallible word.
- God exists as three in one- The Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ’s deity, sinless humanity, virgin birth, atoning death on the cross, bodily resurrection and ascension into heaven.
- The Holy Spirit is given to believers to indwell and empower them to live the Christian life on earth and to seal them for the day of redemption.
- Christ’s personal return to earth to establish His kingdom here.
- The resurrection of the body, resulting in eternal life for all true believers in heaven and eternal punishment for all unbelievers in hell.
- Salvation, by faith alone, through grace alone, is found in Jesus Christ alone.
- The church is made up of all true believers from every tribe, tongue and nation.
- It is the responsibility and privilege of all believers to glorify God by telling others of the good news of the gospel, enabling people worldwide to have the chance to know Christ personally.