Welcome to those of you who have made your way here after reading my Proverbs 31 Ministries devotion. (If you haven’t read the devotion, click HERE to do so.)
Have you ever gone by a drive through for food or coffee and been told that the person in front of you paid for your order? This is just one way to scatter kindness in secret. Here are a few more ideas that are not only sneaky, but so much fun!!
- Tuck a gift card to a coffee house or restaurant in a friend’s purse when you are at Bible study or a life group meeting and she is not looking. Include an encouraging note that was created on a computer so she doesn’t recognize your handwriting.
- Ask your pastor to deliver some kindness to a needy family from you. Gift them with a gift card to a local grocery store. That pastor can tell them to thank the Lord for it because the person who gave it wishes to remain anonymous.
- During this time of back-to-school buying, hang around the school supply section and give some cash to a parent who is a stranger and seems to have a lot of supplies to purchase.
- Go to the layaway department of a local department store and pay off the layaway of a family who has put children’s clothing on layaway.
- Purchase some bouquets of flowers at a roadside stand. Leave them on the doorsteps of elderly neighbors or other shut ins you may know. Ring the doorbell and run. They will discover a lovely surprise!
- Purchase some fall fruits and vegetables and put them in a cute basket. (You can find great ones at second-hand stores.) Place the baskets on the hoods of cars at church specifically targeting families you know who may be struggling. You may need to sneak out of church during the final song so as not to get caught!
What other ways can you think of to scatter a little kindness in secret? We’d love to hear your ideas in the comments below.
As promised in the devotion, I am giving away a free printable of kindness cards for you to use as you bless others and scatter kindness. If you use these cards, be sure to snap a picture and upload it to your social media account with the hashtag #scatterkindness. We can’t wait to see!
To receive the PDF of kindness cards to print, enter your email address below and they will arrive in your inbox shortly.