First of all I want to invite you back here on Monday when I will have an Encouragement for Today devotion running on Proverbs 31 and Crosswalk.com. Along with it we’ll be offering a fun girlfriends giveaway package to someone who leaves a comment here on the related blog post. Be sure to tune in! (Do you ‘tune in’ on the Internet? Perhaps I should say ‘click over’? :-))
Today starts a stretch of jam-packed days for me. I am speaking tonight at a church about a half-hour away from my home. It was a contact that came to me through Proverbs 31, but happens to be an old college friend! We haven’t seen each other since she played the piano at our wedding in 1986!
After that, Mitch has a double -header tomorrow and then Todd is laid off all next week. It will be a mixed blessing. Less money, but I get 2-3 days to finish writing a new book proposal I have been plugging away on.
Oh, and did I mention, when I write it, I’ll be ALL ALONE!!!!!!!
Okay Karen…calm down.
I also will be writing at a friend’s condo. It is cute. It is clean. It is all picked up and rid of clutter.
My house lately?
Not so much.
Busyness breads clutter.
Suffice it to say its been pretty busy around here lately.
It reminded me of a sidebar in my last book The Complete Guide to Getting and Staying Organized. I thought I’d leave you with it this weekend. Perhaps it will help the little (and not so little people) in your house keep clutter and dirt at bay, not to mention we sometimes too-busy women.
The Ten Commandments of Clutter-busting
- If you got it out, put it away.
- If you eat, open or unwrap it, toss the wrapping, peel or paper in the trash.
- When you walk in the door, don’t put your stuff down, put it away.
- When your clothes are dirty, put them in the hamper. The floor is not a hamper.
- Deal with your own papers or you will be issued a fine.
- If you see something out of place and you are walking anywhere near where it really belongs, be nice. Pick it up and take it back to its home.
- If you open a door, drawer or cupboard, shut it.
- Clean up after yourself after you shower. Towels don’t belong on the floor, but on the bar. Toothpaste spatters clean up great with wet toilet tissue. Would it kill ya to wipe down a mirror?
- Unfinished projects do not belong out in the common quarters. Take it to your room.
- Be strict with yourself but gracious to others. And don’t forget to smile, saying please and thank you.
Well…I’m off to study my speaking notes, de-clutter a bit, sit through a double header and TAKE OFF!!!!
What does the weekend hold for you?
Happy Weekend everyone!