Hi friends, Sarah here. I really love baking, and truly believe that sharing homemade treats with those we love can be more soul-filling than we can even imagine.
One of my favorite treats to bake and share is a simple loaf of banana bread. A few years ago I went on a quest to make the most delicious banana bread possible. After many tasty attempts, tweaking and adding ingredients, and oodles of love I created THIS recipe. It’s super moist, really delicious, and makes enough to share a loaf with a friend or neighbor you want to bless.
I promise you this, you won’t regret trying this recipe! Okay, so since I am drooling just thinking about having a slice, let’s get started!
5 very ripe bananas
1 cup brown sugar
¼ cup salted butter – melted and cooled
1 Tbsp. coconut oil – melted and cooled
½ tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
¾ cup all-purpose flour
¾ cup whole wheat flour
1 Tbsp. chai seeds (I know, CHIA SEEDS?! Trust me. They are a must!)
Optional add-ins: ½ cup of walnuts, blueberries, or chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees and grease two loaf pans.
- Start by sifting your dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, and salt) together in a medium-sized bowl and set aside.
- Melt your butter and coconut oil together (on either the stove top or for about 30 seconds in the microwave) and set aside to cool.
- Mash your bananas together. I use my Kitchenaid mixer to make quick work of the job, but it’s not necessary. Next, add your brown sugar, egg, butter, and coconut oil to your bananas and mix.
- Once all your wet ingredients are thoroughly mixed, slowly add your sifted dry ingredients to the mixer ½ a cup at a time until fully incorporated. Add your chai seeds and mix for thirty more seconds.
- Pour your batter equally into your two greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 55-60 minutes.
- Let cool, slice, and enjoy!
Bless a friend or neighbor by sharing the second loaf, and enjoy all the compliments coming your way!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do! And, even more importantly, I hope you have an absolutely fabulous and BLESSED day!
Sarah Lundgren has a passion for all things sparkly, loves God with her whole heart, and is known to love Starbucks chai lattes a whole lot, too. Sarah is currently snuggled in the heart of Grand Rapids, Michigan with her sweet hubby, J. Her full-time job is making pretty things all day long for her Etsy business, so sarah designs, but she also loves writing devotions at The Glorious Table.