It’s Day 2 of 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways! If you’re just joining in, be sure to start at Day 1 here.
Today is a bittersweet day in our series. One of my guests in this series in 2017 was Wynter Pitts, author and founder of For Girls Like You, a resource ministry for tween girls and their parents. Sadly, Wynter passed away suddenly in July of 2018 leaving behind a husband and four daughters. Her passing was an unexpected shock that left many family and friends devastated. However, Wynter’s husband Jonathan has determined to trust God despite this tragedy and today, I get to introduce you to their oldest daughter Alena. A budding actress and singer, you may recognize her from her role in the movie The War Room. I have asked her to share one of her favorite memories of her mom during the holidays.
I’ll never forget the holidays with my mom over the years. We were alike in so many ways and one of the things that made us most similar was our love for sleeping. It’s pretty embarrassing to share the amount of time we would spend taking naps together over Christmas break but for both of us it was super refreshing. She was an introvert and so am I. She enjoyed being around people during the holidays but she would need time to refuel just like I do. You could always count on one of us to be hidden somewhere alone, or both of us together, buried underneath a warm fuzzy blanket. I imagine her in heaven under a fuzzy blanket even now, enjoying her rest with the Lord. In honor of her, I’ll be taking plenty of naps this holiday season. And I’ll take some moments alone too, so I can refresh my soul. Hope these resources might help you do the same as you take some time to replenish your soul over the holidays. ~ Alena
Day 2 Giveaway
Alena is giving away two of her mom’s books: Emptied: Experiencing the Fullness of a Poured-Out Marriage, co-authored with Alena’s father Jonathan, and I Am Yours: Prayers for God’s Girl.
Giveaway rules are listed below. Enjoy!
Alena Pitts is a 15-year-old actress, author and vocalist. The Kendrick Brothers’ WAR ROOM marked Alena’s professional acting debut and launched Alena headfirst into the spotlight at the age of eleven. Shortly after, Alena started on a new journey and co-authored a three-book fictional series aptly titled, Lena In The Spotlight (Zonderkids, 2017). The books are written with her mother, Wynter Pitts, author and founder of For Girls Like You Magazine. Though having experienced unbelievable success, Alena’s journey has not come without loss. She tragically and unexpectedly lost her mother on July 24th 2018 at the age of fourteen. Though heartbroken, she is not without hope and is using Wynter’s passing from death to life as an opportunity to share the hope and love of God in Jesus through her voice and her writing. Alena is the oldest of four sisters, Kaitlyn (12) and twins Camryn and Olivia (10). She and her family reside in Franklin, TN. She enjoys all things music and competitive volleyball. Connect with Alena here.
12 Days of Christmas Giveaways Rules
- U.S. Addresses only please.
- You can comment on all 12 days (once per person) up until midnight Pacific time, Sunday, December 22. Each day will be linked below for easy reference.
- One daily winner will be chosen from each day’s comments.
- To enter to win the Grand Prize (worth over $150 and includes a $75 Amazon gift card, and two admission tickets (with meet-and-greet) to a concert with award-winning country music artist, Granger Smith, comment on, and share, all 12 posts. You can use the share buttons below or repost and share on Instagram (my fave!) and tag me @karenehman.
- All winners (including Grand Prize) will be announced here on the blog on Monday, December 23, and contacted via email. Please allow 4-6 weeks to receive your prizes.
- If you’re not already subscribed, click HERE and you’ll receive an email notification each day of our series, plus my Bless Don’t Stress devotional.
DAY 2 GIVEAWAY QUESTION:
Do you have a favorite holiday memory of your time with your mom, or another loved one, growing up? What is it?
Let us know in the comments and you’ll be entered in today’s giveaway. Remember, if you want to enter to win the grand prize, you must comment on and share all twelve days.
Affiliate links may be included. We only recommend products we know our readers will love!